I grew up landlocked in the UK, yearning for something more. Aged 21 I moved to the coast of Cornwall, surfed my first wave and something finally fell into place.
The eco yoga surf vision
My journey as an environmental activist, surf coach and yoga instructor has taken my all over the world. It has been my dharma to explore these three themes in my life and I am so grateful for all I have learnt. Now, it is time to plant some roots and until I find that place to do this, you can reach me here...
This is the online place for my YogaRama business and the space to hold my story.
- Level 1 ISA surf coach (2008)
- Level 1 ISA SUP instructor (2016)
- RLSS lifeguard certificate (last renewal 2016)
- 100hrs Yin for Vinyasa teachers, Radiantly Alive, Bali (2014)
- 200hrs Yoga Certificate with Quantum Yoga, Goa (2010)
- SUP Yoga instructor certificate, SUPFit UK (2015)
- AIDA Freedive certified level 1
- PADI Open Water
- Roxy Fitness ambassador & coordinator of RUNSUPYOGA event, Jersey
- Former Head coach and Senior Surf Manager for Jersey Surf School
- Writer for SurfGirl Magazine
- Galley assistant on Operation Zero Tolerance, Sea Shepherd
- Regional rep for Surfers Against Sewage in the Channel Islands.
- Cofounder of Women for Whales.
- Ambassador for Surfer for Cetaceans
It has not been a solo journey, but a collaboration between many artists and co-creators.
I wouldn't have got to where I am now without the continual and evolving love, support and belief of my family, friends and colleagues. It has been a lifelong dream of mine to become a yoga and surf instructor and that dream would not have come to fruition without all my Teachers, Students and Tribe. Thank you to everyone for being part of my journey and however our paths crossed I hope it was one of meaning, learning and the icing on the cake of life - laughter.
Sophie Williams/Dale Adams/Hilton Dawe/Carolina A. Castro/Matteo Banschenbach/Hello Glow
Sea Shepherd Conservation Society/Surfers for Cetaceans/Surfers Against Sewage/Women for Whales/Orca Research Trust/
Nurture Ecology/Durrell Conservation/See Turtles Forever
Roxy/Roxy Fitness/Radiantly Alive/Quantum Yoga/With-Yin Yoga/Jennifer Moore/
The Yoga Farm/KaliMukti studio/Soul and Surf/Daisy Cottage Camping
Jersey Surf School/WaveSisters/Surf Maroc/Quiksilver Surf School Newquay/
Newquay Activity Centre/Pura Vida Surf Retreats/Solscape
Finally, my greatest teachers and guides are my loving parents, who always believed I would follow my dreams, let me lead the way, learn from my own mistakes and grown into the induvidual I am now.